Cairns Ready to Welcome the World
The Cairns Convention Centre will host 13 international conventions with over 8,000 delegates in the coming six months as the city gets ready to welcome the world.
In addition to international visitors the Centre will also welcome over 4,000 national conference delegates in what promises to be an exciting year for the region.
Some upcoming events include:
• 33rd Conference of the International Society for Animal Genetics
• Nuclei in the Cosmos International Symposium on Nuclear Astrophysics
• 12th International Coral Reef Symposium
• 75th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society
• Cosmetex 2012
• Dioxin 2012
The choice of Cairns as the host city for Dioxin 2012 was a simple one for the bidding team.
Professor Jochen Mueller, Conference Chair, said, “We really wanted to show our global colleagues the great natural environment offered by Australia – and Cairns is the jewel in the crown of Australia’s world heritage environmental attractions”.
“The convention centre in Cairns has world-class facilities, and is the right size to host our large group. The opportunities for great social events in Cairns and the surrounding region are endless – there’s no doubt the city will help participants have lasting memories of an amazing event,” said Professor Mueller.
The future also bodes well for the region as the Convention Centre Team continues to win these important international events. Some recent bid wins include:
• International Society for Gastrointestinal Hereditary Tumours Meeting 2013
• International Children’s Continence Society Meeting 2014
• 25th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Neurochemistry 2015
• International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions 2017
Ross Steele, General Manager, Cairns Convention Centre said, “The Centre’s long term international marketing focus along with the proven success of Cairns as a business events destination are the catalysts for hosting so many prestigious international events. We look forward to welcoming the world to Cairns not only this year but well into the future.”
Source = Cairns Convention Centre