The online company has announced the formation of a new business to be based in Dubai and serve as an international hotel aggregation platform in Dubai, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Unveiled today, Lots of Hotels will be headed by 30-year Middle Eastern travel veteran, Ossama Wagdi, and will operate under the existing Webjet aggregation model.
Expected to produce a total transaction value of $20 million within its first full year of business, Webjet managing director John Guscic stressed the new platform was not “an experiment” but a tried and tested business.
“We have recruited tried and tested staff with a wealth of experience and intimate knowledge of the region,” Mr Guscic said.
“This positions us well to capitalise on the growth in tourism intra-region as well as inbound and outbound.”As part of operations, a contracting team and service centre will also be established in Dubai which will also feed back to consumer hotel offerings through Australia, New Zealand, Asia and North America.
Thursday, 28 June 2012
Webjet takes Lots of Hotels to Dubai
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- Quest Mackay on Gordon on track to open
- Wyndham Hotel Group Signs Deal To Bring Upscale Wyndham Grand To Bangalore
- TAA Awards Stamford Plaza Melbourne “Apartment/Suite Accommodation of the Year.”
- Langham Hospitality Group announces new Langham Place hotel to open in Haining, China in 2014
- German luxury hotel chain selects eRevMax for optimizing online revenue