Sofitel Melbourne On Collins’ General Manager, Clive Scott, was honoured to be presented with the Gold Tourism Medal by ATOUT France’s Regional Manager, Patrick Benhamou, at an Elegant French Soiree held at the hotel recently. The Tourism Medal was created in 1989 to reward people who, through their voluntary or professional contribution as well as through the length and quality of service given, have productively contributed to tourism development in France and overseas.
Clive Scott has worked in the hotel industry for more than 30 years of which the last 10 have been managing Sofitel’s in both Sydney and Melbourne. During these years, Clive has worked closely with ATOUT France hosting many events at these hotels to promote tourism to France. He successfully organised for the famous Moulin Rouge dancers to come to Australia for the first time for the opening of the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth after a major renovation in 2005, and is a devotee to all things French, having travelled there on numerous occasions.
Thursday, 27 September 2012
Sofitel GM Wins Tourism Gold Medal From Atout France
Source = Accor
More Top Stories
- Australia's newest luxury lodge makes winners list
- Etihad Airways’ ’Virtual Currency’ Solution Wins Industry Recognition
- Emirates SkyCargo Wins Cargo Operator of the Year Award
- Crown Resorts win 'Australia's Best Hotel' Award and 'Best Hotel Renovation' Award at 2013 International Hotel Awards
- CaPTA Announces Staff Excellence Of The Year Award