Air China has been flying to Australia for over 20 years as the official flag carrier of the Peoples Republic of China, and more recently as the official Chinese airline partner of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
Air China currently operates ten flights a week from Australia to our mainland Chinese hub cities of Shanghai and Beijing. From Sydney we operate four weekly Sydney - Shanghai - Beijing services with these being on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday we offer overnight non-stop Sydney Beijing services while Melbourne - Shanghai - Beijing is operated four times weekly also on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
All services between Australia and China are operated using our fleet of new Airbus A330-200s.
Our Airbus A330-200s are fitted in a spacious two class 240 seat configuration, offering 34 lie flat sleeper seats in Business Class and 206 seats in economy class. This configuration offers our passengers more personal space than any other airline operating direct services between the two countries.
Our new business class sleeper seats offer a 60 inch pitch, are 55cm wide and extend to a length of almost two meters with a recline of 170 degrees. All seats also feature 100 watt multi system power sockets for laptop computers.
Economy class features ergonomically designed slim-line seats offering a generous seat pitch of 34 inches.
Air China has also equipped our A330 fleet with the latest in-flight entertainment technology. Both cabin classes feature AVOD (Audio Video on Demand) which is accessed through individual 10.4 inch LCD screens in the back of each seat. Our AVOD system features 60 Video, 100 audio and 10 electronic games channels. All passengers are supplied with surround sound headphones for the system which is offered in Chinese, English and several European Languages.
Our current network covers 81 points within China and 42 international destinations across 28 countries. From our major hubs in Beijing and Shanghai Air China operates long haul international services to Athens, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Madrid, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome and Stockholm in Europe and Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Vancouver in North America. We are also the only carrier flying to Pyong Yang in North Korea.
In December 2007 Air China became the newest member of the world largest airline grouping... Star Alliance! Further expanding our global reach. Air China PhoenixMiles members can now earn & redeem points on the 23 other Star Alliance carriers.
For additional information contact your local Air China office:
|Sydney:||Level 21, 123 Pitt Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000||PH: 61 2 92327277||FAX: 61 2 92327465|
|Melbourne:||Level 12, 356 Collins Street, MELBOURNE VIC 3000||PH: 61 3 86025555||FAX: 62 3 96420235|
- Air China to upgrade its Beijing - London service in MayFriday, April 05, 2013
- Air China to increase its Beijing-Stockholm service to dailyThursday, April 04, 2013
- Air China to Enhance its Vancouver-Beijing Schedule to 11 Weekly FlightsThursday, March 28, 2013
- New gourmet food onboard Air China's flights to North AmericaMonday, March 25, 2013
- Air China Increases its Beijing-Moscow Service to DailyMonday, March 11, 2013
- Air China Beijing-New York upgrade to Boeing 777-300ERThursday, January 31, 2013
- Air China Upgrades its Airliner on China-Germany Service to B777-300ERWednesday, November 14, 2012
- Air China FamilThursday, September 13, 2012
- Air China recently rewarded a group of top performer agents the only way appropriateTuesday, July 31, 2012