|Above the Clouds - Tibet Highlights(2012)|
13 day tour to Chengdu, Lhasa, Shigatse, Gyangtse, Tibet Railway Line, Xining & Shanghai
(Tour Code: AC12)
|Chengdu: Pandas Breeding Centre, Changing Masks Show|
Lhasa : Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor street, Sera Monastery, Tibet Museum, Norbulingka
Shigatse : Yamdrok Lake, Tashilunpo Monastery
Gyangtse : Kunbum Stupa & Pelkor Chode Monastery
Above the clouds: Train journey from Lhasa to Xining
Xining : "Tu" Minority Village
|Day 1: Australia / Chengdu |
|Depart from Australia to Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province, also considered the cultural hub of Southwest China. Upon arrival you are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel.|
|Day 2: Chengdu||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning you visit the Panda Breeding Centre and get up close and personal with the cuddly creatures. This afternoon you can experience the relaxing life by visiting a local teahouse. You might see people chatting, playing cards and Mah-jong. This evening you can enjoy the Changing Mask show.|
|Day 3: Chengdu / Lhasa||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning you board your flight to Lhasa. Upon arrival in Gongar Airport, the highest airport in the world, you are met and driven 100KM to the city of Lhasa, capital of Tibet. The rest of the day is at leisure and get ready to explore the roof of the world.|
|Day 4: Lhasa||Meal: B/L/D|
|Today you visit Sera Monastery, one of the three largest monasteries in Tibet, enshrined in the monastery are over 10,000 golden copper Buddhist statues, the holy prayer scripture written in cinnabar, and other treasures. Then onto the Tibet Museum, the largest cultural facility in this ethnic autonomous region with a huge collection of art treasures. Later this afternoon, you visit Norbulingka, the summer palace for the Dalai Lama.|
|Day 5: Lhasa||Meal: B/L/D|
|Today you visit Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama since the 7th century. It symbolises Tibetan Buddhism and its central role in the traditional administration in Tibet. Next is a visit to the Jokhang Temple, which is an exceptional Buddhist religious complex. It is the spiritual centre of Tibet. The temple is a combination of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. Then onto Barkhor Street, which is an old and traditional shopping street in the centre of Lhasa. It is also a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts assemble and a place to which a visit must be paid.|
|Day 6: Lhasa / Yamdrok Lake / Gyangtse||Meal: B/L/D|
|Today you drive 360km from Lhasa via the beautiful turquoise Yamdrok Lake to Shigatse. Here you can view some of the beautiful scenery along the way. You stay overnight in Gyangtse.|
|Day 7: Gyangtse / Shigatse ||Meal: B/L/D|
|You visit Kunbum Stupa & Pelkor Chode Monastery. Drive 90 kM to Shigatse. This afternoon you take a tour to The Tashilunpo Monastery, residence of Panchan Lamas.|
|Day 8: Shigatse / Lhasa||Meal: B/L/D|
|While driving back to Lhasa along the Bramaputra River, you visit a Tibetan family on the way.|
|Day 9: Lhasa t Xining (24 hours)||Meal: B|
|This morning you board the train for your departure and overnight on the train in a four sharing compartment (soft sleeper). You can buy your meals in the dinning car.|
|Day10: Xining||Meal: L/D|
|Arrive in Xining this morning, the capital city of Qinhai province. You are met and transferred to your hotel. After lunch, you drive 50kM to the Tu" minority Nationality Village. Dinner is served at your hotel.|
|Day11: Xining / Shanghai||Meal: B/WD|
|Today you board your flight to Shanghai. Upon arrival your guide will meet you at the airport and try the Shanghai Maglev, the fastest train in the world then transfer you to hotel. Western dinner served tonight.|
|Day12: Shanghai / Australia||Meal: B|
|Today is at leisure. A late check out till 6 pm, then you are transferred to the airport for the flight bound to Australia.|
|Arrive in Australia in the morning.|
Early Bird Savings available with this sign
Guaranteed Departure Dates and Prices
|Full package with international air departing from Sydney / Melbourne# / Brisbane# / Adelaide# / Perth|
|China Eastern||Qantas||Singapore Airlines|
|Land only#: A$3280; Single supplement: A$820; Triple Share deduction: A$-40|
Pre/Post Stay : Click here for hotel rate.
- This tour is a guaranteed departure. All prices above include airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Land only price: Tour starts from Arrival transfer in Chengdu to Departure transfer in Shanghai, including domestic air tickets & taxes but excluding any International air tickets.
- # Package prices of China Eastern is for departing from Sydney or Melbourne only; those departing from Brisbane or Adelaide please make your own way to Sydney or Melbourne at your own expenses. Not applicable for departing from Perth.
- # Package prices of Qantas or Singapore Airlines are common rated for departures from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. For flying with Qantas, extra taxes/fuel surcharge of $95 apply for departing from Perth or extra $30 apply for departing from Adelaide.
- Extra visa cost: single entry China visa of A$98.50. Tibet travel permit included.
- Four sharing soft sleeper cabin arranged on train travel.
- Stopover in Singapore permitted if flying with Singapore Airlines; One stopover in Hong Kong permitted if flying with Qantas. Extra airport taxes apply. Land arrangement in Singapore or Hong Kong can be arranged at additional cost.
- Warning: This tour will visit places reach high altitudes of more than 3,670m above sea level, we suggest you to consult with your doctor before making reservation.
Inclusions of Full Package Group Tours
- Fully inclusive tour with all transfers between airports / piers / stations and hotels in each city; daily sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary; evening entertainments; professional English speaking local guides; most of the meals. (breakfast served Western/Local style buffet at hotel, while lunch and dinner are mostly Chinese meals served at selected restaurants, please refer to meal code on itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, BD=Buffet Dinner, SD=Specialty Dinner, WD=Western Dinner)
- Twin share superior class accommodations, most of our hotels are 4 star international standard (3.5* hotel used for Japan Tour) located in the city centre; all rooms are with private facilities, telephone, colour TV and some are with swimming pool or even room internet facilities etc.
- Professional English speaking guide, who will accompany the group throughout each country; this is subject to a minimum of 10 clients for each group.
- CBT Holidays travel wallet and travel bag.