15 day tour to Hanoi, Halong, Hue, Danang, Hoi An, Ben Tre, Can Tho(Mekong Delta) and Ho Chi Ming City
(Tour Code: VH12)
|Day 1: Australia / Hanoi|
|Fly from Australia to Hanoi. Your tour guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Hanoi, Vietnam´s capital city, boasts tree-lined streets and centuries-old temples. Overnight in Hanoi.|
|Day 2: Hanoi||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning´s sightseeing tour features both cultural and historical highlights, comprising of the Temple of Literature, the Ethnology Museum, Lake Hoan Kiem, the old quarters and a downtown pedicab ride (1 hour). Evening show includes the famous Water Puppets (1st class seats).|
|Day 3: Hanoi||Meal: B/L|
|This morning we visit Ho Chi Minh´s Former Residence and the West Lake. After lunch, you are at leisure.|
|Day 4: Hanoi / Halong||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning drive to Halong Bay, 170km from Hanoi (it takes approximately 3 hours). You stopover at the ceramic and hand embroidery workshops en route. Board your private boat for a beautiful cruise along Halong Bay (4 hours), a world heritage site recognised by UNESCO in 1994. You will also visit some magical grottoes and relax in the best scenic beauty Vietnam has to offer. A fresh seafood lunch is served on board. Enjoy a short city tour of Ha Long Bay after disembarkation. Overnight in Halong Bay. You could visit the local night market after dinner.|
|Day 5: Halong / Hanoi / Hue ||Meal: B/L/D|
|A late morning departure for Hanoi airport for your flight to Hue. A light lunch is served on the way. Upon arrival in Hue, you will be picked up and transfer to your hotel.|
|Day 6: Hue / Danang / Hoi An||Meal: B/L/D |
|This morning is highlighted with a visit to the Dong Ba Market, famous for its best conical hats in Vietnam, Thien Mu Pagoda and the Imperial Citadel, built in 1804 on a site chosen in accordance with geomancy. A performance of ancient dance and court music, a world intangible heritage recognised by UNESCO in 2003, is presented in the citadel. This afternoon, the tour focuses on the tombs of King Tu Duc (ruled 1848 - 1883) and King Khai Dinh (ruled 1916 - 1925). The monuments, designed by the kings themselves, were also used as holiday retreats during their lifetime. Transfer to Danang (110km). Admire beautiful landscape along the road through the Hai Van Pass. Panoramic views of the clouds, the sea and the mountains around are unfolded at the scenic Lang Co lagoon. After arriving in Danang, visit the Cham Sculpture Museum, which boasts the finest collection of Cham sandstone sculptures in the world. Continue to Hoi An. After checking into your hotel, you are free to enjoy the magnificent beaches. Overnight in Hoi An.|
|Day 7: Hoi An ||Meal: B/L/D|
|Today your guide will show you the ancient town. Hoi An, so called a ´living Museum City´ because of its well-kept original historical buildings and ancient backstreets. Visit one of the three city´s oldest homes, each built over 200 years ago and still occupied by descendants of the families that originally built them; then tour to the Chinese Assembly Hall. You will also take a cruise along the river (1 hour); followed by a traditional visit to the unique Japanese Bridge. A la carte lunch served at local restaurant and dinner is served at the restaurant by the river. |
|Day 8: Hoi An / My Son / Hoi An ||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning you are transferred to the Ruins of My Son to see Cham Holy See. Lunch and dinner will be served at local restaurants at your choice of western and local dishes.|
|Day 9: Hoi An ||Meal: B/D|
|Today is at leisure to explore more of Hoi An at your own pace, possibly to do shopping, get some tailor-made clothes or enjoy a rest on the beach. Dinner is served at your hotel.
Optional Cooking class in Hoi An just for fun! The staff from the restaurant will show you around the market in the morning; then take you to the restaurant and teach you how to cook the simple and healthy Vietnamese food. Talk to your local guide and ask them to book this for you the first day when you arrive Hoi An. The cost is between USD30 - 40 per person depending on the group size. You will enjoy your cooking, plus another two courses from the chef.|
|Day 10: Hoi An / Ho Chi Minh City ||Meal: B/L/D|
|Transfer to Danang airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City, formally called Saigon, the economic and commercial centre of Vietnam. Enjoy sunset on board a tour boat sailing along the Saigon River.|
|Day 11: Ho Chi Minh City / Ben Tre / Can Tho (Mekong Delta)||Meal: B/L/D|
|After checking out of your hotel. please leave your big luggage at the hotel and simply take an overnight bag with you. Enjoy a full day excursion to Ben Tre, 80 km south of Saigon, a peaceful town on the bank of the Mekong River. The Tour comprises of a cruise on the Mekong River, a visit to local homes & orchards, a taste of season fruit and honey tea, a performance of traditional southern singing, a horse drawn cart through the village paths and a sampan ride along palm- shaded creeks. Lunch is served as a Mekong specialty at a restaurant on the islet. Continue your journey to Can Tho (110km). Words simply cannot describe this surreal adventure. If time permits you can relax by the pool or take in a massage at the hotel spa on the banks of the Delta. Overnight in Can Tho.|
|Day 12: Can Tho / Ho Chi Minh City||Meal: B/L/WD|
|Enjoy an early morning boat ride along the Mekong River to the bustling Cai Rang floating market, thronged with buyers and sellers moving around in boats laden with produce. This is a journey you won´t forget and is a "must see" to appreciate the simplicity of the lives and culture of the Vietnamese people. Return to the Hotel for a late breakfast and relax at the hotel. After lunch return to Ho Chi Minh and check into your hotel. A buffet dinner is served tonight at your hotel|
|Day 13: Ho Chi Minh City ||Meal: B/L/WD|
|This morning, we head out to Cu Chi, 70km north of Saigon, famous for its 200-kilometre-long tunnels and it was a base of Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. Returning to Ho Chi Minh city for lunch, then enjoy a city tour featuring the War Remnant Museum, Cho Ben Thanh Market, Thien Hau Temple and a lacquer workshop. A Western dinner is served at the Cordon Blue Restaurant.|
|Day 14: Ho Chi Minh City / Australia ||Meal: B|
|Today is at leisure to explore this city at your own pace; a late checkout till 6pm then a transfer to the airport for your flight bound for Australia.|
|Day 15: Australia|
|Arrive in Australia in the morning.|
Early Bird Savings available with this sign
Guaranteed Departure Dates and Prices
|Full package with international air departing from Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane# / Adelaide# / Perth#|
|Vietnam Airlines||Singapore Airlines||Cathay Pacific|
|Land only#: A$2850; Single supplement: A$850; Triple Share deduction: A$-50|
|Hotels used for this tour:|
|Hanoi:4*Hanoi Sunway Hotel -(3N),|
Halong :4*Halong Bay Mithrin Hotel-(1N),
Hue:4*Hue Gerbera Hotel-(1N),
Hoi An:4*Hoi An Beach Resort -(4N),
Ho Chi Minh City :4*Saigon Duxton Hotel -(1N),
can Tho:4*Can Tho Victoria Hotel-(1N),
Ho Chi Minh City :4*Saigon Duxton Hotel -(2N) or similar
Pre/Post Stay : Click here for hotel rate.
- This is a guaranteed departure tour. All prices above include airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Land only price: Tour starts from Arrival transfer in Hanoi to Departure transfer in Saigon, including domestic air tickets & taxes but excluding any International air tickets.
- Single entry Vietnam visa application fee extra $70.
- # Package prices of Vietnam Airlines are for departing from Sydney or Melbourne only; not available for departures from Perth. Those departing from Brisbane or Adelaide please add extra $200 for the connecting flights to Sydney / Melbourne.
- * Package prices of Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific are common-rated for departures from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. Flying with Singapore Airlines to Hanoi need to stay overnight in Singapore at your own expenses.
- Stopover in Singapore permitted if flying with Singapore Airlines; One stopover in Hong Kong permitted if flying with Cathay Pacific. Extra airport taxes apply. Land arrangement in Singapore or Hong Kong can be arranged at additional cost.
Inclusions of Full Package Group Tours
- Return economy class airfares departing from Australia with selected airlines to Vietnam,Laos, Cambodia and China including all domestic flights, including ticketed airport taxes & fuel charges as at November 2010(CBT Holidays reserve the right to charge extra if airlines increase the fuel surcharge)
- Fully inclusive tour with all transfers between airports / piers / stations and hotels in each city; daily sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary; evening entertainments; professional English speaking local guides; most of the meals. (breakfast served Western/Local style buffet at hotel, while lunch and dinner are mostly Chinese meals served at selected restaurants, please refer to meal code on itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, BD=Buffet Dinner, SD=Specialty Dinner, WD=Western Dinner)
- Twin share superior class accommodations, most of our hotels are 4 star international standard (3.5* hotel used for Japan Tour) located in the city centre; all rooms are with private facilities, telephone, colour TV and some are with swimming pool or even room internet facilities etc.
- Professional English speaking guide, who will accompany the group throughout each country; this is subject to a minimum of 10 clients for each group.
- CBT Holidays travel wallet and travel bag.