TAA (NSW) Hotels Scoop the Pool at National Awards for Excellence
The Hilton, Sydney has won the Overall hotel of the year (accommodation division) at the AHA National Awards for Excellence.
NSW accommodation hotels won nine categories at the national awards, which were held in Hobart last night:
- Best Restaurant (Accommodation division) – Glass Brasserie (Hilton) / Echoes Restaurant (Echoes A Luxury Collection resort Blue Mountains)
- Best redeveloped Hotel – Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Best meeting and events venue – Hilton Sydney
- Best mid-range accommodation – Crowne Plaza Norwest (Baulkham Hills)
- Best superior accommodation – Fairmont Resort MGallery (Leura)
- Best deluxe accommodation – Park Hyatt Sydney
- Chef of the Year – Joe Pavlovich (Hilton, Sydney)
- Best Environmental initiative – Emirates Wolgan Vallery Resort and Spa
- Overall hotel of the year (accommodation division) – Hilton Sydney
TAA (NSW) director Carol Giuseppi said it was great to see a NSW hotel win overall hotel of the year (accommodation division) against some stiff competition.
“Accommodation in NSW really is of a world class standard and that was on display at the Awards for Excellence last night,” she said.
“For the NSW accommodation sector to take out so many awards at the national level shows the hard work and determination of management and staff at our leading hotels really is paying off.
“Sydney is the gateway to NSW, and NSW is the gateway to Australia so it is pleasing to see we continue to set the benchmark nationwide.
“I would like to congratulate all winners, especially the Hilton Sydney which won four awards.
“It was also pleasing to see regional accommodation hotels like Fairmont Resort MGallery (Leura) and Echoes A Luxury Collection resort Blue Mountains recognised at the national level.”
Source = TAA